There is a wide selection of little bikes for 2 year olds out there, which is great for giving children the chance to ride like the wind. A balance bike is designed to prepare two year olds for their first pedal bike, and a freestyle bike gives them the chance to experience pedaling on their first two-wheeler. In this guide, I am going to give pointers and share my four favorite little bikes for 2 year olds.
- 1 Strider Sport Balance Bike – Best Value Pick
- 2 RoyalBaby BMX Freestyle Kid’s Bike – Best Budget Pick
- 3 Ancaixin Baby Balance Bike – Best “Extra-Safe” Pick
- 4 Woom 1 Premium Balance Bike – Best “No-Limits” Pick
- 5 Best Selling Bike in the “Little Bikes For 2 Year Olds” Category
- 6 Final thoughts
- 7 Favorite Picks by Other Readers
Strider Sport Balance Bike – Best Value Pick
The Strider 12 Sport Balance Bike is designed to teach children how to balance on their first two-wheeler, and the features include an adjustable low-height padded seat, handlebar pad and footrest for an easy ride. It also features a durable lightweight steel frame, ultralight wheels and puncture-proof tires. The bike comes in models for boys and girls and bright colors.
It is easy to see that this bike was designed with the needs of small children in mind, which is always a plus for me. The only downfall in the design is the lack of breaks, so parents need to be extra careful, and they may need to watch assembly videos on the Strider YouTube page. The quality construction and features are what put this product on my list of top little bikes for 2 year olds.
- Adjustable lower padded seat
- Handlebar pad and footrest
- Durable lightweight steel frame
- Ultralight wheels and puncture-proof tires
- Models for boys and girls in bright colors
- Does not include breaks
- May need instructional videos for assembly
RoyalBaby BMX Freestyle Kid’s Bike – Best Budget Pick
The RoyalBaby BMX Freestyle Kid’s Bike is a sports-bike with features such as an adjustable cushioned seat, high back, adjustable handlebar, removable training wheels, caliper brake and rear coaster brake. A sturdy steel frame, chain guard, steel wheels and pneumatic tires all create a safe, durable product. The bike also includes a bell and water bottle, vibrant colors and models for boys and girls.
My favorite thing about this bike is how two year olds can feel like they are on a real sports bike, and they do not have to sacrifice their comfort or safety to feel like a big kid. The bike is a bit heavy and difficult to pedal, but most families can get around these issues. With features that are tailored for little ones, I believe it is one of the best little bikes for 2 year olds.
- Quick-adjust cushioned seat
- Higher back and adjustable handlebar
- Removable training wheels in different sizes
- Caliper brake and rear coaster brake
- Sturdy steel frame, steel wheels and pneumatic tires
- Includes a bell and water bottle
- Heavy frame for a smaller bike
- Difficulty pedaling for some children
Ancaixin Baby Balance Bike – Best “Extra-Safe” Pick
The Ancaixin Baby Balance Bike is designed to transition two year olds to their first pedal bike, and it features a durable carbon steel frame, supportive soft seat, 135 degree limited steering and wide enclosed wheels. It only takes three steps and two minutes to assemble the bike, so little ones can start riding right away. The bike comes in fun colors such as yellow, pink, blue and orange, as well as models for boys and girls.
It is great to see there is another step before training wheels, as this product provides a safe, comfortable way for little ones to ride their first bike. The main complaint I have read is that the seat is not adjustable or the frame is too small, which means a two-year-old may quickly outgrow it. However, this balance bike is designed for small children, and it definitely makes my list of top little bikes for 2 year olds.
- Supportive soft seat
- 135 degree limited steering
- Wide enclosed wheels
- Durable carbon steel frame
- Quick, easy assembly
- Fun colors for boys and girls
- Seat is not adjustable
- Frame is too small for some children
Woom 1 Premium Balance Bike – Best “No-Limits” Pick
The Woom 1 Premium Balance Bike helps two year olds learn how to balance before they move up to a pedal bike. Made of lightweight aluminum with a long wheel base and air-filled tires, this balance bike features a lower seat height, anatomically shaped saddle, steering delimiter and rear-hand brake. The bike comes in a variety of colors, with models designed for boys and girls.
The lower seat and steering delimiter appeals to me because it reduces their fear and promotes a straight ride, and I am always relieved to find a bike that is easy to assemble. I have read complaints of parents receiving the wrong color or part, but this is more of a problem with the fulfillment and shipping department than the actual brand. The premium features, durable construction and vibrant colors put this bike at the top of my best little bikes for 2 year olds list.
- Lower seat with anatomically shaped saddle
- Steering delimiter and rear-hand brake
- Lightweight aluminum frame for durability
- Long wheel base and air-filled tires
- Easy assembly with clear instructions
- Models for boys and girls in vibrant colors
- Some parents may not like assembling a bike
- Fulfillment and shipping sending the wrong pieces
Best Selling Bike in the “Little Bikes For 2 Year Olds” Category
Favorite Overall Product: Banana Bike LT
Banana Bike LT is an improved version of a previous model, ideal to use it as a training bike from 18 month old to 3 year old toddlers. Its sturdy Banana shaped design allows kids to handle it easily.
- Tires are puncture proof
- Easy to assemble
- Lightweight design
- Very affordable model
With more than 400 positive reviews on Amazon, it’s definitely one of favorite parents’ picks.
When shopping for little bikes for 2 year olds, it is important for parents to make sure they are purchasing the right type of bike. A child who does not know how to ride a bike should start with a balance bike, but a child who is more experienced can ride on a bike with training wheels. Parents can browse through a wide range of little bikes for 2 year olds on Amazon.
I suggest that you also read a great article which explains how to properly install training wheels on a bike.
I hope that you liked my Best Little Bikes For 2 Year Olds [Addorable, Fun, and Safe] article and I’ll see you soon!
Favorite Picks by Other Readers
(If you can’t see this you need to disable your ad-blocker)
Leave a Reply