A bike wagon for baby is becoming more and more popular among parents, that’s why there are so many of them on the market, and each comes with its specific size and level of safety and comfort, among other features and benefits. It is vital that you choose a wagon that at least meets the required safety standards because such pull behind bicycle carriers have features that will protect your baby from weather elements, certain accidents and prevent injuries in case something goes wrong.
Considering the safety requirements, durability and price, I have tested numerous bike trailers and wrote a detailed bike trailer buying guide for babies and here are my reviews on the best from my experience.
Burley Design Minnow – Favorite Choice
Here are some of the features that make me fall in love with this trailer:
- It has UV windows which protects sun rays from reaching your baby.
- The space between the seat and the top canopy is 27.5″ high while the internal width is 16″. Your baby will fit in comfortably.
- For an added comfort for a taller baby, the cabin’s front part is recessed to offer more legroom.
- Your baby can trip when entering or getting out of a trailer with low legroom. To prevent such, the front part of this bike wagon for baby is designed to flap down, helping your kid to enter and exit quickly and safely.
- It has a nylon Adjustable five-point harness strap which you can release using, but significant pressure is needed to push it. The force required is to prevent your kid from unbuckling himself/herself while you are riding.
However, your baby might find the hammock-style seat a bit uncomfortable, especially when you are cycling for a long time.
- Has a fully aluminum internal roll cage for improved protection in case of an accident.
- Five-point harness strap that can’t unbuckle easily
- Easy to store, thanks to its flat-fold design
- Water-resistant cover
- It is a bike only trailer- cannot be used as a stroller
- Doesn’t have cushion or padding on its hammock-style seat
Frequently asked questions
Q: Which age of children can use this kind minnow?
This unique designed minnow is recommended for children above 1 year.
Q: How big is it?
It has a big sitting space that can accommodate a three-year-old and enough space behind the baby’s sitting area to carry the baby’s supplies.
Q: Which kind of bicycle can this Minnow be mounted on?
It has a special minnow connector that fits directly to the wheel hub of different kinds and sizes of bicycles with no extra hardware.
Q: Can it convert to a stroller or be folded?
No, it cannot.
Q: Does it guarantee the child’s safety?
Absolutely, it is equipped with a standard rain protector, a mesh netting that holds the helmets from tilting and a harness that keeps the children in place in case they fall asleep
Best Multi-functional Bike Wagon for Baby
From my experience, Burley Design Solo is the best multi-functional bike wagon for baby and is available in red and green colors.
The sides of this one-child trailer are bowed out to give your kid more shoulder room. Just like Burley Design Minnow, this one also has a light-weight aluminum frame for smooth and safe towing as well as tinted windows which protect your baby from UV rays.
Unlike Burley Design Minnow, you can convert this trailer into a stroller. So when you are done with biking, you can walk while pulling your baby in the stroller.
The compact fold design makes it easy to fold and store when not in use. The front edge of the seat has a padded reinforcement for your baby’s extra comfort while everything inside the trailer, including your baby, is protected from rainwater by a polyester cover.
- It can serve as a stroller or jogger
- Can be attached to skiing for snow adventures
- Has a durable, water-resistant cover
- Large shoulder room
- Has tinted windows for UV protection
- Easy to store and transport
- The wheels are low-quality
- Designed to carry just one kid
Best Budget Multi-functional Bike Wagon for Baby
In my opinion, InStep Quick N EZ Double Bicycle Trailer is the best multi-functional bike attachment for baby to buy if you are on a minimal budget. Here are my reasons:
- Available in lime/grey and orange/grey colors, this bike trailer for baby features a simple design which enables you to fold it down easily for storage or transportation.
- Other than being a bike trailer, you can also convert this wagon into a stroller. For such convenience without you having to dig deeper into your pocket, the product comes with a stroller kit.
- Your baby is safe in this trailer cum stroller, courtesy of the shoulder pads and five-point safety harness. The features are also meant to make your little one a bit more comfortable.
- Unlike the above two types, InStep Quick N EZ has a very spacious cabin where your two babies can sit comfortably. The trailer is compatible with the majority of bikes.
- Has shoulder pads
- Has five-point safety harness
- Can be used as a jogger stroller as well
- Accommodates two kids
- Comes with a stroller kit
- Has a weather canopy
- The rims are plastic and so, can break easily
- Your kids might feel a bit uncomfortable on the hammock seat if seated for a long time.
Either InStep Quick N EZ Double Bicycle Trailer, Burley Design Minnow or Burley Design Solo is a safe bike wagon for baby. What differentiates the trailers is the extra features such as convertibility, longevity and carrying capacity which of course come at an additional cost. Of course we mustn’t forget about safety, which is crucial for our young kids.
I hope that you liked my Our Favorite Bike Wagon for Baby [Something for Everyone] article and hopefully, I’ll see you soon!
Favorite Picks by Other Readers
(If you can’t see this you need to disable your ad-blocker)