Balance bikes for toddlers are considered to be the best start to teach toddlers the art of balance. They need light and robust balance bike to head off to their first 2 wheeler adventure. There are many options available in the market to choose from and selecting the one which suits your toddler specifically is of immense importance.
Balance bikes don’t come in one size for all as in the case of adult bikes. They are specifically designed keeping the growing age of toddlers in mind. Apart from the size, there are other factors to consider such as tire, weight, and brakes.
What are Balance Bikes for Toddlers?
A balance bike is a bike designed for toddlers so that they’ll learn to propel themselves forward and balance at their own pace. These bikes are designed to keep the safety, growing age of the toddlers in mind. To keep in at ease, they are generally lightweight, smooth and keep the toddler in an upright position so that they don’t feel hesitant and can balance with the utmost ease.
Finding a balance bike with the prodigious design under a veneer of simplicity is of utmost importance. Choosing a bike that best suits your toddler and allows you to dial in the perfect fit as your toddler grows is critical.
What are the Major Benefits of using Balance Bikes for Toddlers?
The various benefits of using balance bikes for toddlers are:
- Learning balance and coordination: Every parent search for toys to develop the motor skill development of their toddler. A balance bike is a perfect way to do that as it teaches the toddler balance and coordination which is the basic foundation for fine motor skills.
- Easy transition to a pedal bike: Research has shown that kids to learn to ride a balance bike can easily transition to a pedal bike without needing training wheels altogether. As the balance bike lays a foundation for balance and coordination making it easy for them to understand the concept of a pedal bike.
- Development of confidence: Toddlers gain a sense of self-confidence after riding a balance bike successfully. It helps them to gain a sense of athletic ability and confidence which will help them a great deal in their future endeavours.
Factors to Consider Before Buying the Best Balance Bike for your Toddler!
We completely understand how concerned you can be when buying something exclusive for your little one. Same is the case when shopping for a balance bike for your toddler. We have done extensive research to cut the long story short for you, and therefore, please consider to look into the following factors before buying this bike for your kid. Here are the details:
The size of the bike
There is a huge variety of options available in the market where a plethora of varying size balance bike is available. You need to choose the one which is suitable for the size and height of your toddler so that they can sit with comfort and ride the bike with ease.
The weight of the bike
Try choosing a bike that is lightweight so that your toddler can learn coordination and balance easily without having to strain themselves due to extra weight. Riding a heavy steel bike can be a very difficult task for children as they should be able to hold themselves up and propel forward.
Quality of material used
Read the product description carefully before buying a balance bike and the quality of materials used for the same. Ensure that good quality materials are used. Choose a balance bike that has lightweight aluminium frames as they are more comfortable than solid plastic tires.
Budget for the product
Your budget for a balance bike should be set; the product is going to be useful for a few years, and it is vital that the features are well-understood. The price of this product should compared with the features that this product offers.
Considering the above options will help you in make a budget-friendly, perfect purchase for your toddler, exactly the way you want it to be.
Top 5 Balance Bikes for Toddlers in 2020!
#1. Diroan Balance Bikes for Toddlers – Best Balance Bikes For Toddlers
If you are looking for push bicycle for 1 year old boy or girl, then this can be the best option. You should think about gifting it to your kid on his/her first birthday. This is a safe and secure bike loaded with amazing features to offer an easy and smooth ride for young toddler.
These bikes help kids to develop balance, muscle strength, confidence and coordination. This is easy to install and assemble. Its sturdy structure ensures durability and quality. It has durable and wear-resistance EVA widened tires that prevent slippery. This is really a suitable option for kids.
- 👶Kids First Bike: The infant bike is the best baby riding toys for 1 year old that...
- ❤️Secure & Safety Quality: use sturdy structure and Durable materials, passed...
- 🔧Easy to Assemble: The baby bike has a modular design and comes 95% already...
- 135° steering limit to prevent baby from falling down
- EVA widened tires
- Safety features
- No exposed bolts
- Lifetime guarantee
- Modular and amazing design
- Easy to assemble and install
- Designed with durable material
- Non-toxic finish
- Ideal for 1,2, 3 years old kids
Why we choose this product?
This is really an amazing product and designed for your young kids. There are no exposed bolts, so need not to worry about scratches or injuries. Designed with durable material ensure durability. This is very sturdy, lightweight and easy to control bike, so get this one for your kids.
#2. PlayMonster Free Wheelin’ Balance Bike for Toddlers, Ruby Red
If it is about safe and cool ride for your 1 year old kids, then this can be the nice option. This is a safe, fun, cool, durable and sturdy bike that is available in many colors, so good for your kids. You can choose his/her favorite color. Your kid can start with 3 wheels and switch to 2 wheel as soon as he/she is ready for it.
Great height adjustment also makes it a great kid friendly product. It offers freedom of movement to your kid as it has amazing and safety features, so for this safe bike.
- Fun, comfy and super cool 2-in-1 pushbike/balance bike that changes and grows along...
- 3-Wheel pushbike easily converts into a 2-wheel balance bike to teach more advanced...
- Safe and secure! The restricted range of the handlebar radius helps prevent children...
- Convertible and adjustable height
- No smashed hands
- Safe and sturdy bike
- Available in six different colors
- Manufactured and designed amazingly
- Sturdy wheel and durable body
- Grippy tires
- Easy to turn and comfortable handlebars
- Kids can practice speed and balance
Why we choose this product?
This is an amazing bike that has all safety features and allows you to adjust from 3 wheels to 2 wheels. By having this bike with safe features offers you and your kid comfort and peace of mind. The restricted range of the handlebar radius proves helpful in preventing kid from crashing or other risks.
#3. Yvolution Y VeloTwista Balance Bike for Toddlers, Red
If you are looking something that makes it easy for your kids to learn essential first skills, then you should go with this bike. It comes with adjustable wheel that makes it easy for you to adjust the width between the 2 back wheels. Switching from training mode to balance bike mode is easy.
You can switch to advance motor skills, when your kid gets older. Adjustable handlebar height and seat height features ensure comfortable usage. This is best fit for the beginners as it comes with all required safety features, so you should go for it.
- 🏆 IT'S MORE THAN JUST A BIKE - The Y Velo Twista is ideal for learning the...
- 🏆 ADJUSTABLE WHEELS - "Twist & Click" wheel adjustment. The Y Velo Twista has a...
- 🏆 GROWS WITH YOUR CHILD - The seat height and handlebar height can be adjusted to...
- Best fit for kid from 18 months and more
- Weight up to 44 lbs
- Adjustable seat
- Three wheel, high-stability design
- Foam rubber tire to absorb shock
- Ensures comfortable ride
- Good for beginners
- Easy to adjust wheel
- Easy to switch from training to balance mode
Why we choose this product?
If you kid is not good at maintain balance, then this bike guarantee stability and prepare them for cycling without even using training wheels. It is designed with foam rubber tires for comfortable ride and shock-absorbing. This can be an ideal option for making your kid learn co-ordination and balance.
#4. Hape Scoot-Around Ride-On Balance Bike for Toddlers, Wood-Bright Green
This is an award winning company and parent’s first choice. This bike is all about offering all required protection to your kids while driving. Apart from it, wheels are durable and rubberized. These wheels last longer and protect your floors too when your kid scoots around. It helps active motor skills in your child.
The main material that is used in this product designing includes water based paint, ABS, EVA, PP, metal and wood. Having non-toxic finishes, this product is really awesome for your kid. It has all the safety features that make you relaxed while your child rides around the home.
- RUBBERIZED WHEELS: The push bike’s four wheels are rubberized to protect your...
- MOTOR SKILLS DEVELOPMENT: Perfect for kids beginning to test their mobility and...
- IMPROVES STRENGTH: Short rides develop muscle strength as well as balance. Main...
- Popular and award winning product
- Green paint finish
- Designed with wood
- Durable, affordable and safe-to-use
- Easy to transport
- Rubber wheels
- Cute color design
- Nice look, and easy to assemble
- Water based paint
- Sturdy and good quality material
- Attractive color combination
- Smooth wheel axis movement
Why we choose this product?
This is ideal for beginners and growing kids. It is designed with sturdy and high quality materials that make it long lasting. The color combination is amazing and attracts kids too. This is simple to assemble and use. This is a bit expensive, but this is worth buying.
#5. veZve Toddler Convertible Tricycle Balance Bike
If you are looking for 2-in-1 balance bike, then this is good option for your child. It is easy to use and your child can easily learn how to sit and move with it. Designed with carbon steel frame structure, this bike ensures durability and smooth ride.
Its wheel and a handle bar are designed with EVA material (eco-friendly). This can be an ideal Christmas or birthday gift for your kid, so go for it. You hardly need more than 5 minutes to assemble this bike as it is super easy to adjust the height of handlebar and seat height.
- Awesome 2-in-1 tricycle/balance bike that changes and grows with your child from 2 to...
- Teach your little kid to push with their feet and keep his balance gain coordination...
- The high quality carbon steel frame structure makes this kids balance bike sturdy and...
- Maximum weight 100 lbs
- 2-in-1 tricycle
- Awesome, durable design
- Suitable for 2 to 6 years old children
- Anti-slip silent design of the wheel
- Limited handlebar
- Quick and easy to assemble
- Equipped with cool light and music button
- High-quality carbon steel
Why we choose this product?
This is a durable and high quality bike that has 3 large wheels, bike head, a flashing light and a music button for fun. It will help your kid develop strength and balance to ride a bike. Rider will feel safe due to dual rear wheel’s design.
Frequently Asked Questions!
Are balance bikes good for toddlers?
Yes, balance bikes are definitely good for toddlers; these bikes are crucial in their motor skill development.
Q1. At what age can your child use a balance bike?
Your toddler can start learning to ride a balance bike from 18 months of age until they turn four years old.
Q2. What are the different stages of mastering on a balance bike?
There are 4 stages in mastering a balance bike, which includes standing and walking; sitting and walking; sitting, running and balancing; and sitting, running and gliding. Once you have completed all the four stages, your toddler has mastered using a balance bike.
Q3. How can your baby stop riding on a balance bike?
When your toddler is ready to stop riding a balance bike, he/she can easily transition to pedal bikes.
Q4. How long does it take to learn riding a balance bike?
It depends from toddler to toddler but normally they can ride a balance bike in 1-2 months.
Read our latest guide about balance bikes topic below:
- The Best Balance Bike for 7 Year Old
- Balance Bike or Training Wheels?
- 5 Most Crucial Balance Bike Benefits
After careful consideration, the PlayMonster Free Wheelin’ Balance Bike for Toddlers seems the perfect choice as a balance bike for toddlers due to its extra safety features, smoothness, and lightweight.